Friday, March 18, 2011

I am lucky to be a product evaluator!

I am grateful for the opportunities that being a buzz agent has offered me. This week, I received my Smart & Easy Spring Cleaning products from SC Johnson. Included in my box were:
Lemon Pledge
Glade Plug Ins Oil- Crisp Waters



Glade Sparkle of Spring Limited Edition candle

Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel
 
Scrubbing Bubbles MEGA Shower Foamer


 
So far. I have only tried the Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel. I remember seeing the commercials and for some reason, I thought the gel discs were pre-formed. It also seemed like the applicator was bigger than it was. Because of these misconceptions, when I pulled out the box, I thought that I was missing the applicator! After I read the box, I felt like a moron. As far as the actual product & how well it works, it's too soon to tell. I put a disc in the toilet on Wednesday but my toilet could use a liitle cleaning, so I need to do that to truly test it. To me, it smells like a typical bathroom toilet bowl cleaner. It's not too cloying. Each tube contains enough gel for 6 discs, each disc lasts about a week.
I just bought a warmer for the Glade oil and plan to put it in my bathroom to see how well it helps with the catbox odor. I used to use the Glade oils & regular plugins in the past, but haven't since Febreze came out with their air fresheners.
When I was a kid, my dad used Pledge alot, so the fragrance is connected to happy memories. I love the lemony scent & the way it makes wood look. I plan on using it on the scratched areas of my hardwood floors this weekend.
Finally, I'm undecided on the scent of the Glade candle. The description of the Sparkle of Spring scent is- Zesty Lime, Ginger & Vanilla. I haven't burned it yet to get the full effect.  I DO think SC Johnson should offer a refill for the glass once the candle is gone. Most people don't recycle, so they end up in the landfills. I'm not uber green, but I think that aspect of the candle is a waste.
If it weren't for me being in this campaign, I would likely not have bought the Scrubbing Bubbles products, Glade candle or oil refill unless they were on clearance for a good price or at a discount store like Big Lots. I say this b/c I'm currently laid off and a student, so these would be more like luxurious non-necessities for me.


No comments: